XEBEC Floating Holder™
XEBEC Floating Holder™ Straight Shank
Tool Dimensions Shown: Metric
For Brush Diameter (mm)
D1 Shank Diameter (mm)
L1 Overall Length (mm)
Matching Sleeve (EDP)
6 to 40
It is necessary to control the rotation speed to use XEBEC Floating Holder™.
The tool can be used on machining centers, combined lathes, robots and special machines, and drilling machines.
*When attaching the floating holder to a machining center, do not use a pull bolt with through-hole (center through pull bolt). *For horizontal machining center, the floating function may not work if the spring load is low.
Points to Note
How to Use
When using the XEBEC Floating Holder™, follow the usage instructions below:
1. Approach the tool from above to the workpiece while not in motion
2. Set the depth of cut and make the spring contracted
3. Rotate the tool and start feeding
4. Stop rotation and feeding of the tool when machining is completed
5. Remove the tool upward
In order to improve finish quality of the start and end points, follow the usage instruction below:
1. Rotate the brush and approach from above to the workpiece
2. Set the depth of cut, make the spring contracted and then start feeding
3. Remove the tool upward while in motion
No, it is an optional tool. XEBEC Brush™ Surface can be used by itself.
XEBEC Floating Holder™ has the following effects in mass production line:
1. Reduces machining time to adjust the depth of cut and the brush projection amount caused by brush wear (e.g. actual results: reduced by 1/18)
2. Extends tool life (e.g. actual results: extended by 4 times)
3. Stable edge quality
Yes, it can be used for both dry and wet machining. ・For dry processing, use a dust collector to collect the dust that may be generated during the processing. ・For wet processing, the holder shall not be exposed to coolant. ・If dust or coolant gets inside the holder, the floating function will not work. Using with CNC Equipment ・When attaching the floating holder to a machining center, do not use a pull bolt with through-hole (center through pull bolt). If the coolant gets inside the holder, the floating function will not work. ・For horizontal machining center, the floating function may not work if the spring load is low.
For a horizontal machining center, the floating function may not work if the spring load is too weak. For FH-ST12-SL10, use the high-load spring. FH-ST20 can not be used on a horizontal machining center.
Sludge may have entered the tool. Disassemble the tool clean the inside. See the instruction manual for the details.